Bianca Phiri Youth Bursary
The Bianca Phiri Youth Bursary is funding established and earmarked for children and youth from marginalized communities in developing countries.
The bursary program is anchored on a belief in “transformative power of individuals as catalysts for broader change. “
This bursary aims to expand access to high quality education for youth who exhibit academic promise, economic disadvantage or vulnerability, leadership potential , and a commitment to giving back to society.
We believe insufficient and inequitable access to high quality education stands in the way of economic development and poverty eradication.
- Be from a marginalized community in a developing country
- Show financial hardship
- Submit proof of enrollment by way of an acceptance letter from the University or College
- Complete online Application Form (with all supporting documentation) or print and provide application to our local
office if there is one in your country.
- Provide 2 letters of reference (ie. teacher, employer, student counsellor etc)
Our Scholarship Committee is comprised of:
- A Bank Representative
- GMEAN Representative
- 2 Community Leaders
- 1 Education Representative
- Completed application must be submitted by applicant by July 31, 2022
- Scholarship Recipient will be notified by email no later than August 1, 2022
- Recipient information will be posted to our website after notification to recipient § Recipient’s’ name and funds will be issued directly to the university or college
- By submitting your application, you hereby agree to GMEAN’s Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for your application; we wish you the very best!