Second Chance Scholarship Foundation
The Bianca Phiri Youth Bursary is funding established and earmarked for children and youth from marginalized communities in developing countries.
- be from a marginalized community in a developing country
- be a Full-Time student from those in Post-Secondary studies
- currently be enrolled in or accepted into a university, college or trades school
- submit proof of enrollment (if currently enrolled), High School transcript and letter of Admission
- provide sufficient proof of financial need
- complete online Application Form (with all supporting documentation) or print and provide application to our local office
- provide 2 letters of reference (ie. teacher, employer, student counsellor etc)
Midnight November 30th, 2022
- 60% in English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 20-1 or Math 20-2 or Applied Math 20*
- Biology 20, or Chemistry 20, or Physics 20, or Science 20*
- Social Studies 20-1 or Social Studies 20-2*
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
*One media or fine arts course from Grade 11 or Grade 12, may be used as a substitute for the Math, Science, or Social Studies requirement. Only one substitution is permitted. Science 24 is not acceptable
Competitive Admission Requirements
68% overall average
Successful completion of minimum 24 post-secondary credits or 8 post-secondary courses* within an accredited or recognized degree or diploma in a related field (design or arts) with an Admission GPA of 2.0 based on the most recently completed post-secondary credits.
*Please note that acceptance into the program does not guarantee transfer credits. Transfer credits evaluation will take place after the student is accepted into the program.
How to Apply
Dates & Deadlines
Applications can be submitted any time before the application deadline, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
- Application Start Date: xxx xx, 20xx
- Application Deadline: xxx xx, 20xx
- Term Start Date: xx xx, 20xx